My name is Marie Chadwick and I am the Family Support Coordinator here at St Martins. The principles of my role are confidentiality, respect and developing relationships. The purpose of my role is working towards your child’s independence.
My role within school is to work closely with Parents and Carers by providing help and support to the whole family. The areas I support with are varied, including:
- Behaviour (based upon the Proact-Scipr principles)
- Visual support and Social Stories are used (TEACCH principles)
- Advice and support over sleep, toileting and puberty
- PIP and DLA form completion
- Supporting at CAMHS, Complex Behaviour and Paediatrician Appointments
- Support on Benefit checks
- Referrals to Single Point of Entry
- Referrals to other agencies such as Occupational Therapy
- Support on completing Early Help Assessment forms
- Accessing potential charities for holidays, advice and equipment
- Accessing carer benefit cards providing discounts etc.
- Accessing out of school provisions
- Supporting transition
- Post provision advice and support
- Professional supportive letters
- Sessions facilitating opportunities for sharing experiences with other Parents/Carers
- Sessions for Parents/Carers with outside speakers or staff who can offer training and advice
For further information, please look at these pages on our website:
Please contact me at school if you feel I can help or support you with anything.