Useful phone numbers
- National Autistic Society. The NAS Derby & District Branch is a local support group for parents/carers of children and adults on the autism spectrum.
0808 800 1050
- Mind. Provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding 0300 123 3393
- Cerebra. National charity helping children with brain conditions and their families discover a better life together. 01267 244 200
- Contact a family. We are Contact, the charity for families with disabled children. We support families, bring families together and help families take action for others. 0808 808 3555
- Umbrella. Supports families living in Derby City and Derbyshire providing a range of exciting activities. 01332 785658
- Talking Point. Talking Points offers you the opportunity to have a face-to-face chat with a social care worker in a convenient location in your community. 01332 640777
- Disability Direct. Form filling service, Benefit support. 01332 299449
- NSPCC. The NSPCC is the UK’s leading children’s charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover. 0808 800 5000
- Parent and Carers Society. We are the forum for Derby City – an independent, non-political, voluntary group of parents/carers who have children with a range of SEN & disability needs. Contact via Facebook.
- Derbyshire’s Carers Society. Provide a host of services to support unpaid Carers across the count of Derbyshire. 01773 833833
- Safe Speak. Counselling and other emotional help services for children aged 5-18. 01332 3491777.
- Funability. Sessions are aimed at those between 3-18 years with a wide range of disabilities. 01332 604080.
- New Life (Call Karen) Apply for specialised equipment. 01543 468888
- Direct Help and Advice. Provide specialist advice, advocacy and representation for families and individuals facing crisis, to prevent and alleviate homelessness, debt and housing difficulty. 01332 287850
- Steps. Provides support and advice for children and young people with sensory impairments, physical impairment, social communication and autism and children in the early years. 01332 641400
- Derby SEND. A hub of information and advice for children and young people from 0 to 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families. 01332 640758